Thursday, October 18, 2012

I Need to Talk About Politics

Guys, I'm having trouble deciding who to vote for.  I posted a little bit about it on facebook, but I didn't want to get too much into it there.  Here's my problem: both guys are smart, and both have ideas that make sense.

I'll give one example to explain my thoughts, then I'll leave you alone.


Good old Brother Mitt says that keeping the tax rate low for the extremely wealthy helps grow the economy.  I see the logic here.  If the rich have more money they will spend more money.  If they're spending more money on stuff, there have to be more people employed to make this stuff and sell the stuff and pack and ship the stuff.  I know that's grossly simplified, but I get his point. 


Barack says the rich are rich and should definitely pay more taxes.  They can afford it.  That money can be used to help the poor and out of work.  It can be invested in all the things taxes pay for like education (hello, I'm a teacher and this matters to me), and infrastructure  etc.  Also, why should the rich get a break that the poor (who seemingly have no breaks ever) don't? Even the principle of the thing seems backward. Again, I definitely simplified this to a awful level, but I get his point too.  

So, how do I decide?  How do I get past their awful attack adds and the nasty debacle of a debate the other night and choose a candidate?  

Right now, I can't.  So I'll just blog my frustration. 

P.S. Holla to anyone who still reads my blog despite my irregular updates. 

1 comment:

jenny48 said...

Just thought you should know I check it everyday--even though I haven't posted in my blog in 2 years. You keep me entertained :) Also I agree that it is a big decision. I am voting for Romney though because I feel like the improvements haven't been significant enough in the past 4 years and Romney knows how to handle money.

MISS YOU!!!
-Jenny