Thursday, July 9, 2009

Drugged

On Monday morning the sixth of July (I know it was that day because Heather was supposed to go to the doctor on the seventh and I was going to take her, but then she went that day and I didn't. Anyway, back to the point.) I was drugged.
I had been sick when I went to bed the night before and woke up even more sick. My throat felt swollen enough to cut off my air (yeah, I'm also dramatic when I'm sick), I could barely breathe through my nose, and I thought I might throw up (lovely). My mom had called me from work to check on me and I told her that I felt like garbage. She sent my twelve year old brother in with some meds for me. I didn't take them immediately because of how bad my throat hurt; I just left them on the shelf beside my bed for when I woke up. When I finally did get up at ten I took the pills he'd left for me and ate some cereal. I had been awake for almost and hour when I decided I was just too exhausted and went to get back in the bed. I fell asleep quickly and didn't wake back up until almost five o'clock. When mom got home from work I decided to ask her what she'd sent the boy in with (thinking it was some sort of allergy meds that had knocked me out) and she didn't know. He kindly told me that it was a couple of "motrin sickness" pills. We searched the medicine basket until we found the bottle he'd used. They weren't "motrin sickness" but "motion sickness" and I'd had a double dose. No wonder I'd gotten so much sleep. Yes, I was drugged by my own brother. At least he had good intentions.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

I hope you feel better.

P.S. You never did do a follow-up post about that "Swimmy" book and it's been killing me. Seriously. I don't know why.

ginger said...

I'll write one today. Thanks for the reminder.

Valerie said...

"Motrin sickness" makes me think that you won't get cramps while you're riding in a car.

Good idea, eh?

(Hope you're feeling better!)

Unknown said...

Hehehe, I swear I thought something worse had happened when I read the title!

Well, at least you got a good sleep!

Greetings.