Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hair

To set up this story, I need to give you two pieces of background information.  One: on Friday, the whole family has movie night.  The kids usually get to pick the movie and they get to have candy and eat dinner while they eat the movie.  It's their prize for being good during the week.  Two: Destiny likes to do what she wants.  One time she didn't like the pants her mom had dressed her in for daycare so she wet herself on purpose so she could wear the extra pair she had there.  

Awhile ago, Mom and I took Destiny and got her hair cut without Heather's permission.  It looked like this.

She loved that she could brush it.  Having long, tangled, curly, half-black hair is frustrating for a little girl.  Lately (actually, for a few months) she's been begging her mom to get it cut again.  Heather was not having it.  She likes Destiny with long hair.  So, last night, Destiny started cutting it short herself. My younger sister (that has a cosmetology liscense) finished it up for her and now she has short hair again.  I was talking to Destiny on the phone today and she told me her punishment was that she could not have Friday movie night.  I asked her if she thought it was worth it and she told me to hold on.  I could hear her yelling, "What's worth it mean?"  Someone in the background explained and she came back to the phone and told me, with zero hesitation, "It was worth it."  If this girl doesn't have gumption, I don't know who does.

No comments: