Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

I am lacking inspiration in things to write about lately. I thought I'd follow the trend it seems like everyone is taking and write about Thanksgiving. The day before and Thanksgiving day I was able to spend several hours at Aunt Cris's (she's Sarah's aunt) house. It was so much fun. Sarah, Caroline, and I played around a little, but were also able to spend time with the rest of her family. I really enjoyed it. There were games and piano playing and fun conversation and food and movie watching. There is no way for me to show or express how greatful I am that I had that family to be with during Thanksgiving.

As most of you know, my dad is a hunter. when he was out the morning before Thanksgiving he shot a turkey just for fun. At home they were planning on just eating lasagne and pie, but then Destiny drew a picture of herself with tears and counted them out. When they asked why she had drawn the sad picture she said it was because they were not getting to eat turkey for Thanksgiving. Needless to say, that turkey dad shot was cooked up before you could say gobble gobble. I miss Destiny and Gabriel. They are so cute.

Happy news for me, the situation with my sister's boyfriend has blown over. They broke up again (it probably won't last) so he didn't get to draw names with us and I'm very glad that the tradition can be kept within the family. I'm sad to not have a real tree in my apartment for Christmas. I want that smell very bad. Enough rambling about the holidays. For now, I just want snow!

2 comments:

CHRISTINA said...

You are very sweet. Please know you are welcome at my house anytime. I think of you as my pseudo-niece now and really loved having you there.

Heather Rose said...

I'm happy that Destiny got her turkey. That makes me happy.