Monday, April 13, 2009

On Global Warming

Note: This particular post is likely going to be filled with blatant bias and ignoring of general facts. The end.

So, today in geology class (my final one for the record) I started thinking about global warming. We were talking about how we are currently in one of the six coldest times in all of Earth's history (which is 4.5 ish million years according to most geologists). So the earth has to warm up anyways. It's a natural cycle the earth goes through. I don't particularly care if humans are causing it to warm up faster or not, but I do think I've figured out the reason why people seem to care so much. They pretend it's about the environment and saving the earth and all of that mess, but it's natural for the world to warm up! That basically shoots a big fat hole in that argument. The real concern is that the ice caps and glaciers will melt which will cause sea level to rise and will pretty much drown the coast. Most of the cities that contribute the most to pollution and supposed global warming are close enough to the coast that they'd be under water or at least severely inhibited. These people say it's about nature, but really it's about themselves. That's my two cents. The end.


A fun picture I found because I like pictures.
Also, if you're not already (and like Seriously So Blessed and the like at all) you should read this blog: Normal Mormon Husbands. It's hilarious. And the latest post about women's infatuation with Edward Cullen is spot on.

1 comment:

sarah joelle said...

global warming sucks.