Saturday, August 15, 2009

Confession Time

I'm feeling a bit dramatic, so I'd like to make a few confessions.

1) I've realized in the last few months that when I spend the night anywhere that's not my apartment (besides home) I still get homesick for home and my momma.  This is me and my momma during Christmas break 2007.  Neither of us look particularly good in this picture, but I love our matching pajamas.


2) I've now been to Arizona.  I still don't really like it.

3) When my friends make racist remarks, it makes me sick to my stomach and wonder if I really want to be friends with a person like that, even my friends who I love the most.  And then when I think that maybe I wouldn't want to be their friend, I feel like a bad person.  Racist remarks just make me so frustrated.

4) I missed Sarah this summer, a lot.  But, I think I was forced into finding and making other friends which was good for me.

5) I'm so ready for the "boys" to get back from their missions.  At the same time, it freaks me out because I know that it isn't very likely that things will be the same between us.  However, they'll be grown up men so hopefully we can be a new kind of friends.  

I feel like five is probably plenty of confessions and a little too much drama for one night, don't you think?  I know that I thought of a six, but I can't remember it for the life of me.  Enjoy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Greetings.

I love your confessions and your honesty. I like how close you and your mom are. But most of all, I admire your tolerance. I don't think I could be friends with people who make racist remarks, but that's not very good of me, because even if people are racist it doesn't mean that they're bad people; they just don't know any better!

You're a beautiful person, never change.

ginger said...

Thank you very much. I really appreciate that.