Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Remembering: Laurel

I was straightening my hair just now with my iTunes on shuffle. The song "Believe" by Yellowcard came on. I had to stop and listen to the whole thing despite my music ADD. That song takes me back to when I was a hormonal teenager (which I mentioned in my last post). Sometimes when you're a hormonal teenage girl you cry for no reason. Or maybe you are fighting with your best friend or maybe your dad or who knows what, but you cry a lot (at least I did). Sometimes when I was crying I would go crawl into Laurel's bed (she had the softest sheets) and wait until she came in and noticed me. Then she'd lay beside me and rub my head or my back and whisper that song; almost like a lullaby. It really was soothing. "Believe" is still a song I listen to whenever I'm feeling really down or really anytime. Thanks Laurel. Love you.
Everything is gonna be alright. Be strong. Believe.


No comments: