Saturday, August 20, 2011

Change is Hard

Warning: this post might be a little bit whiny and I'm sorry for that.  Also I think the word whiny looks whiny.  

I just moved.  I'd been living in one apartment for three years and decided it was time for a private bedroom so I moved a couple of blocks away.  The way I'm handling it you'd think I moved to China.  It started the night before last when I spent my first night here.  The bed is not comfortable.  Now, my bed before was no great awesome thing, but I was used to it and now this bed is weird.  I woke up at least four times during the night not sure where I was or why I was there.  The same thing happened when I woke up in the morning.  The wall is on a different side than in my previous apartment and it's just hard. 

Today I was out with Steph and I was being very mediocre company.  I got home and napped on my couch then went shopping with Donna.  Let me just say, my whole life feels confusing right now.  I would go the wrong direction in a town I've been in for three years.  The grocery store was supremely disorienting (it was Macey's, not some new store).  It got to the point I was so frustrated that I was either going to murder the people in the self-checkout line or just leave my groceries.  Seriously, if you have approximately 498,004 coupons do not go to the self-checkout stand especially at the busiest time of the day.  Not to mention the cashier was totally inept.  I feel really mad at Macey's.  

Those of you, my dear blog-y friends, that know me in real life or pay attention to this block know that change is hard for me.  I knew it was going to take getting used to this new apartment and that I would miss my old place, but I just didn't expect this.  By the way, my new place is super nice and I really like it, I just can't handle the change.

2 comments:

Ashley Serena said...

Ahh, moving can be really ruffling and disorienting. But if you felt it was time for a change, then it's probably a good thing that you moved, huh? I hope you sleep better soon, and your orientation returns.

B-Dub said...

I was just thinking about you this morning and I was thinking, I hate that I live in Salt Lake because who am I supposed to watch BB with now???? I feel you on the change/moving thing - this weekend was the weirdest thing ever because of it.

Also - this is going to sound weird, but I have a twin feather bed mattress topper thing that I no longer need because I'm back to my queen bed. Do you want it? I promise it will increase your bed comfort by a lot of percentage points.