Saturday, November 28, 2009

Proud to be a Cougar

I think my blog posts possibly resolve quite a bit around sports. I don't care because I love sports. So, as I mentioned in my last post, today was the BYU vs. Utah, Holy War, football game. It was absolutely amazing. I'll stay away from the nitty gritty details of who was up and who was down when. We went into overtime. Utah scored their fieldgoal and we scored a touchdown on a pass from Max Hall (15) to Andrew George (88). It was phenomenal and we stormed the field and had a big fat good time. Here's a lovely picture of George.
Oh, and by the way we played in royal blue tonight as a throw back to the 1984 team that won the national championship. It was quite lovely.

Now, a slightly serious matter. After the game, Max Hall made some comments that he shouldn't have and opened his mouth when he should have shut it. The article is pretty thorough about what he said. Hall should have thought before he made those comments, but it's no surprise that the Cougars hate the Utes. Not to mention the fact that if someone dumped beer on my family (he mentions this in the article) I would have said way worse things about the other team and their degree of class.

My real issue comes with a friend of mine (a BYU fan) who posted a status on facebook that said "Max Hall is trash" and then in a comment afterwards said maybe next year he would become a Utah fan. To him I say good riddance. We don't need any untrue and unblue fans hanging around taking up space. I've always been a fan of stand by your man and can honestly say that I've been a fan of Max Hall and supported him and the team through and through.

Watch tomorrow for a post with my pictures from the game (and not much else).

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Great ending to a rather nerve-wracking game!!! If we lost after being up by 14 I was going to be so angry! My whole family was there except for me :( I didn't see the royal blue throwback uniforms until today but I like them a lot! Good to know you are keepin' it real.

ginger said...

I did think of you as the game was going down and thought you should have been there.