Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Something Disturbing

This morning I woke up at 4:30am to a text message that had been sent twenty minutes before. I was startled to see it was from my dad's phone. I quickly read the message that said, "Thanksgiving 2 on sunday at moms. I would like you all to be there. Ginger of course you'll be there in spirit. thanks dad." I went back to sleep and figured I'd talk to my mom at a more reasonable hour and ask why she had texted from dad's phone. (Sidenote: Usually if you text my dad he asks someone else to find out why there is a weird icon on his phone's screen. When he finally gets the message checked he calls you and says, "why did you send me that d*** thing, you know i don't know how in the h*** to respond.) To my surprise when I talked to my mom, I found out my dad had sent the message himself. His phone was just replaced by one with a full keyboard because his broke.

I really just don't know what's more disturbing: the fact that the message was sent at that early hour or that my dad sent a text. What is this world coming to?
I made this cake for my friend Ashley's birthday on Sunday.

2 comments:

Ashley Serena said...

You are a most fantastic cake decorator. And congrats to your dad for entering the world of texting. :) ...Even if he does it in the wee hours.

ginger said...

Thank you very much!