Friday, November 5, 2010

It Works and I'm Dumb

I was out the other day shopping for playground equipment for my class. Naturally I went to the dollar store to pick up some cheap jump ropes. I was at the checkout stand when I saw this:
Except it wasn't just a regular dollar store, it was the Dollar Tree so I actually saw this:
I have, of course, seen the ads on tv and wondered if such a thing worked, but I was never willing to pay the price and find out. When I saw the $1 version I figured why not go ahead and try it out, and I did. That night I tried it out on my calf and my thigh. Not the quickest process in the world, but I definitely got smooth legs (though I'll admit I only really did one patch on each because it takes quite awhile). I thought it seemed pretty good, though, as a maintenance type of tool if you're already shaved or something.

Since this fancy schmancy tool (which essentially is a sticker of fine grained sand paper attached to the little pink holder) seemed to work I tried my armpits next. It worked, but my skin there is more sensitive. I didn't break out or anything or even get red, but my pores were all burn-y when I lotioned and took a shower (not in that order).

Fast forward to last night when I decided I would try it on my upper lip (with the little baby one of course). I've been waxing for years so my skin on my upper lip is not particularly sensitive. I usually get red, but it dies down by the morning after (sometimes quicker). Stupid, stupid, STUPID! I wasn't super persistant to get all the hair because it started to burn and then Laurel suggested aloe. Mistake number two which made it burn worse. All of this resulted in me going to school today with a red upper lip. You can ask Sarah. I'm pretty sure I looked like a fool. Luckily, though, the redness did go down some in the night.

Still feels painful and kind of chapped, though...

1 comment:

Ashley Serena said...

That sounds so painful... But I'm so glad you wrote about it. Now I can avoid such experiences. :) I do hope your upper lip feels better soon, and that the red calms down. Best of luck!