Sunday, December 30, 2012

Boots

On Black Friday I went shopping with my mom and bought a pair of black boots.  They're identical to my most favorite pair of brown boots that broke a few months ago.  I wore them a few times to school and the white house before I realized that I had two different boots. Stop judging me!  They're very similar and I got lots of compliments on them and everything.

A week or so ago I went back to the store to ask if they had the opposite pair tucked away in the back somewhere so I could purchase them.  No luck.

Today I went back with a slightly less ideal plan to find the two types and make my own opposite pair.  Sadly, they're sold out of one of the types.  I decided to just go ahead and buy a black pair of the type they still had and a brown pair to boot.  The sales girl said perhaps the manager would give me a discount.  He scoffed and said maybe if I had brought them back in the box unworn.  Rude.

I walked through the mall a little bit and then turned around.  I figured I would just go on wearing the mismatched pair and return the black ones.  When I got back to the shoe store the manager actually huffed and me and complained under his breath about how I was returning them five minutes after I bought them.  I controlled myself and left.

But here's the problem.  I've had some less than savory customer service interactions in the last several months (the car wash that damaged my brand new car among others).  So, I tell them I'm not coming back and my family won't come back and I'll tell all my friends not to go there...but no one gives a shit.  My dollar doesn't have enough power.  In these giant businesses with multiple branches and tons of customers from miles around, no one cares where I send my dollar or if I ever come back.  And it's kind of obnoxious and disappointing.

The end.  Whine over.

No comments: