Thursday, January 22, 2009

George W. Bush

Until two days ago, this was the President of the United States.


I don't know whether you guys supported him or didn't. I am not even exactly sure what I think of him completely. I do think he was a good man. I also think he got caught up with a whole lot of difficult circumstances. It's impossible for any of us to know exactly what went on and what happened. We are not privy to that sort of information. Anyways, to the point. I didn't notice it on the broadcast I watched, but apparently when he stepped out onto the platform during the inaugural ceremony, a few hundred thousand people started singing, "Na na na na na na hey hey hey, goodbye." Have I mentioned how ignorant people are? Have I mentioned how I hate it? I don't care if you agreed with his politics or not, that was the President and you should have shown some respect. Sometimes I'm ashamed of my fellow Americans.
Also, for the record, this will probably be my last political post - at least for a long time.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I heard booing when he stepped out and it made me mad/sad. I thought, "have some class people!" But when you get a million people crowded into a small space like that, one person does it so they all have to do it..
I enjoy your political posts. You write very well... meaning you write intellectually not emotionally about it. It's nice hearing an opinion that is not laced with insults toward those who didn't vote the deomcratic ticket. Does that make sense?

ginger said...

It does! I appreciate your feedback :) even though it took me a good 30 minutes (ok, seconds) to figure out who you are!