Saturday, January 17, 2009

This is Not the Post I Promised

Ok ok. I know I promised to give you a post about Christmas and my New Year's resolutions and the like and that will come, but I don't feel like blogging about that right now and I do feel like blogging about my date last night.

Until last night, I hadn't been on a date since fall semester of last year. This is BYU, how terrible is that? Anyways, I'm not here to complain about not dating. So, some of my friends in the ward decided we were going to have this group pajama date and build a fort and watch movies, etc. I thought it sounded fun, but the problem was the whole date thing. I agreed to go before I actually thought much about the part where I would have to ask someone on a date. Wednesday rolled around and I got a reminder text from Alison that the date was on Friday. I kind of started doing a little bit of hyperventilating. With a little (ok, a lot) help from Marci, I ended up with a list of guys that I would call (that way I wouldn't have to have another spaz attack if the first one said no and I could just move on down the list). I made a call and got a date.

Let me tell you, if you're going to go on a date again for the first time after a long time, this is the way to do it. I went with my friend Tyler and it was so much fun. It was basically just like hanging out except he walked me there and home and there was an equal number of girls and guys there. It was so fun and I didn't die by calling someone and asking them on a date. I'll admit it, I'm kind of proud of myself. Maybe I can even work up the courage to do something like that again someday (though it probably won't happen without help and prodding from Marci).

1 comment:

Marci and Sarah! said...

Girl I am so proud of you!