Monday, February 23, 2009

Engagement...Wait, What?

So, I get a text message from Sean today that asked if I could help him out with something at five. I said sure thing and asked what was going on. Sean said he was doing something to surprise Jaimie and he needed my help. I agreed and he picked me up at five. We made a little small talk when I got into the car and then down to business. I asked what sort of surprise he was planning. First he made me promise about a thousand times that I wouldn't think he was crazy. After I had promised as many times he told me. "We're going ring shopping." Wait, what!? I had a spaz attack, but tried to calm down. I told Sean I did like him and etc. etc. and then tried to return to small talk (which is impossible to focus on when one of your best friends is supposedly getting engaged and you're going ring shopping). The whole thing just kept coming up and I was kind of freaking out. We eventually pull into apparently the only strip mall in the Provo/Orem area without a jewelry store. I told Sean I thought we were in the wrong place and so we parked and he said he'd call his dad. He dials and says "Hey, where are you?" Then I hear a voice behind me say, "In the back seat." Once again, wait, what?! I turn around and there's Jaimie buried under a blanket and boxes etc.! Turns out they had to trick me so they could take me to dinner (for my birthday). Then we all went to dinner at Applebee's (even before I sufficiently calmed down to be in a public place). It was delicous and a nice treat. Don't I have great friends (that I'm going to kill)?

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Dang! I forgot to leave you a happy birthday on Facebook. I'll go there next!

Happy Birthday!! What great friends you have!

Caroline said...

Haha. Remember when you go all upset because I bought dinner when we went to the Brick Oven? Haha. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Have a great day!