Sunday, January 31, 2010

Men's Basketball Vs. Utah (part 2)

Ok, here's the rest of the basketball info. Mike and I went to wait in line starting at 1pm (and the game was at 7). As people got off work/finished their obligations they showed up. Sarah was first to show up. She wins the prize. Mike and I played 8 games of mancala and 8 games of blink (a super fun, fast card game that you should try). Also played: 3 rounds of bananagrams, 2 hands of scum, lots of bop-it, and some catch phrase. As the time got closer and closer I got more and more hyper and excited. Finally, it was 5:30 and time to go in.

I knew it was going to happen, but as the entering time started I began getting really pissed off. People cut all the way to the beginning of the line and ruined my life. I was so hyper and excited and mad that I yelled a few unkind things at people. When we went inside we got some decent seats at the half court mark in the uppermost part of the lower bowl. Eventually the game started and it was an amazing start with huge white sheets and projectors and darkness and amazingness.

Even though BYU is clearly the better basketball team this year by far, the energy for the Holy War is completely different and tense. There were a few beautiful plays and few nasty ones. Including some punk Utah freshman (Marshall Henderson) punching Jackson Emery in the face. It was a great reason to chant "You are classless" also we got to use "Just like football" which is my favorite of all time. I love when we kick Utah's trash. It makes me so happy. Oh, and their coach was totally bogus and was all over the court (clearly visible in the video linked above). He did go check on Jackson after his player punched him, though.

Afterwards about 13 of us went to Training Table to get some good, cheap food. We are all about the good cheap food. I was sitting so I could see the door and just started smacking Sarah's hand and hyperventilating a little bit. Who had just walked in? Jackson Emery and family! Several of us nearly died. Me from a heart attack. On the way out we stopped and congratulated him on a fantastic game. It was amazing. I spazzed out a little in the car because sometimes I need to do that. Overall, successful and awesome night/day.

Here are our sweet shirts that cost 3 bucks apiece (thanks to Scott for loaning cash to the lot of us).

(From left to right: Scott, Mike, Sarah, Me, Susan, Trent)

No comments: