Friday, January 29, 2010

Polynesian Party

Tonight was a stake activity and it was super legit. First there was Kahlua pork and J-Dawgs. Then, some Polynesian dancers performed for us and it was super awesome. Their hips don't lie. Also, I love the Haka. Also, I love brown men with no shirts on. Also, I'm strangely a little bit of a sucker for having one or two tattoos. Sue me. When I first heard there was going to be a dance afterwards, I could only hope it was akin to a stake dance from high school. It lived up to all my hopes and dreams. There were the awkward swing dancing people, awkward ballroom people, awkward conga line people, awkward picking off of friend groups one by one during slow dances, awkward dancing with people way taller than you so your arms hurt, and awkward avoiding that guy you really don't want to dance with. It was hilarious and an awesomely fun time. Basically, the whole night was a blast. I think this is a record amount of blogging from me. Hooray.

2 comments:

Sam, The Nanti-SARRMM said...

We are in the same stake! Awesome!

ginger said...

really? that's sweet.