Monday, May 16, 2011

Thoughts on LOST

You may or may not know (I can't remember if I've blogged it yet) that I started watching LOST two Sundays ago. I'm currently looking for a job and graduated so I have no real responsibilities to do with my life. I finished all six seasons in two weeks. Since it's such a popular series, I thought I'd share some thoughts. This is obviously not a complete list of my thoughts because that would be a lot, but some random ones I wanted to talk about.


Overall: I loved the characters. That's not to say I loved the show. I kind of wish someone would go back and re-do the show after season 1. Once time travel and too many additional groups of people and motivations get involved I didn't really like it. Somehow, though, even though the storyline was not great in my opinion I fell in love with the characters and their lives and their backgrounds. Does that make any sense?

Pretty boys: Boone.
Dear Boone: You are so so pretty. Why did you have to die in season two? Thanks for coming back toward the end of season 6 when things were getting wrapped up so that I could get a dose of you.

Vincent the dog didn't die like I was convinced he would.
It's kind of a rule when you're watching movies or shows that a beloved animal will die or run away or suffer some horrible accident. Vincent was awesome and stayed alive. Oh yeah and that is an arm he's carrying in that picture. Last thing, did anyone else notice that they changed Vincents for the last two seasons?

Come at me Jack Shephard.
Really, he's so lovely and a nice guy and only occasionally annoyed me. Sometimes he tried to be a hero a little more than I wanted and made some dumb choices, but he looked pretty doing it. Also, normally I go with the idea of the shorter the hair, the better, but I like him with his longer parted hair. It was precious. Ditto Sayid's long hair (and even ponytail).

Ben Linus, I still hate you.
Pretty much from the moment Rousseau captured him in one of her net traps I hated Ben Linus and hoped someone would kill him. And no one ever did. He kept lying and changing sides and being confusing and withholding information and he killed John Locke (who was crazy as heck) and I really didn't like his character. Boo on you, Ben Linus.

An addendum: Somehow I almost got through this post without mentioning Sawyer. I love Sawyer. He's super attractive, a huge a-hole, and I have some sort of secret thing for bad boys, apparently. Oh, and when he tells Jack (in season 3 I think) that Jack's the closest thing he has to a friend it is so precious and almost made me cry. Oh, and his slightly mean nicknames for pretty much everyone on the island? Genius.

No comments: