Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hair Removal (take two)


Remember this misadventure? Guess what, I was still dumb enough (or maybe desperate enough) to try another new method of hair removal.

Let's get real for a minute. I kind of have a beard. Not like that one lady who works at McDonald's in Stafford (though I think there's probably one of those ladies at every McDonald's). My beard is more like basic peach fuzz (that every girl has) gone wrong because my hair is dark. Sure, this is kind of embarrassing (a lot) and a little bit TMI (a lot), but it's not my fault. What are you supposed to do with dark hair genes (my oldest sister has the same problem)?

The point of all that is I decided to get rid of my beard. I'd been thinking on it for awhile and considered waxing (that's what my sister usually does, though she said she breaks out). Yesterday I passed a threading kiosk in the mall. I found out in only cost ten bucks to have the sides of my face (aka my beard) done, so I figured why not.

I've never tried threading before and I don't quite understand how it works, but it works (some info for those of you who are completely and totally lost). I ponied up, sat down in the chair, and the lady got to work.

Let me tell you, it hurt like HELL. Apparently because my hair was longer than usually gets threaded and it was my first time, that had some impact on the pain. It didn't take very long at all (maybe ten or fifteen minutes for both sides). I felt smooth, I looked smooth, and the lady rubbed my face with lotion (feels so nice).

This is what I looked like immediately after.

Ew. The lady told me to wait an hour for the redness to go away. It took longer than that (it always does), but the swelling (and weird lumps) went away, as did the redness. This morning my face is smooth, regular color, and smooth.

Would I do it again? Yes, for sure. The price was great, I believe the pain will get less as I do it more (that's how it was with waxing), it doesn't damage my skin like waxing, and it's supposed to last a long time. Maybe I'll go get my lip done today...

No comments: