Friday, August 20, 2010

Least Favorite Song: Sweet Escape

I pretty much just find Gwen Stefani completely obnoxious almost all of the time and this song with all the "woohoos" and repetition makes me change want to jump off a cliff.

Freshman year we used to go to dance parties basically all the time. It's a lot easier to go to a lot of dance parties when you're a freshman because the on campus ones are fair game (without being creepy). Apparently being at BYU means that not all dances can just play a steady stream of hip-hop with the occasional techno beat mixed in. Not to mention BYUSA outlawed "Walk It Out" at all dances they sponsored (which was most of them). All of that combined together means I heard this terrible song way too often. I usually used it as my cue to go get some water or a crappy cookie from the snack table.

All of my complaining aside, I loved freshman year. It wasn't without it's problems and definitely had plenty of drama, but I think life was simpler then. I know that sounds cliche and kind of stupid to say about a time that was just over two years ago, but I knew where I was going then. I had three more years in college and knew where I would be. Now all of a sudden I'm a senior and have next to no idea what I want to do with my life come April.

No comments: