Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Song That Makes Me Sad: You Are My Sunshine

Apparently as a child I used to cry when my parents would sing this to me. I don't remember this at all because I was really little and had no good reason. Now this song makes me think of the fact that childhood is past and I can't go back. Don't get me wrong, I love some things about being an adult and semi on my own and I love being at college and growing up, but sometimes I am sad for the times when I was small enough to be held in someone's lap.

Good thing this song doesn't always make me sad! This is one of my favorite actors in one of my most favorite movies when the girl that wants him is trying to figure out what instrument he plays. Such a good scene (start at about 59 seconds in if you just want the song).

No comments: