Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Song That Makes Me Happy: Wannabe

Sure, there are tons of songs that make me happy, but this one came on my shuffle while I was dancing around and straightening my hair today. Do you know the feeling when you get all giggly and are trying to speak or sing at the same time but you just laugh instead? That's what happened. It could be that I'm giddy like a kid at Christmas because I went bike shopping today and have narrowed it down to two (more on that when I actually purchase next week).

When I was a kid my sister got the Spice Girls cd for Christmas one year. That same year we got a trampoline and it was awesome. We jumped ALL the time. There were about a million games to play as four girls with a trampoline (and a little brother too small to really get on). We played a version of dodge ball with the neighbor kids. We tried new tricks. For awhile we got really into playing with this giant ball of my brother's (the kind you use for crab soccer) while on the trampoline. There were many summer nights spent sleeping on the trampoline (which is NOT a good idea in the east where it's humid and the dew gathers and runs into the pile the four of you have inevitably ended up in and then all of you are wet). Like most activities jumping on the trampoline was much more awesome when done to music. Our favorites were Backstreet Boys, Barenaked Ladies, Coolio, Mariah Carey (Fantasy anyone?), and Spice Girls. It was such an incredible couple of summers.

Besides all that, the song is just so much fun. It makes absolutely zero sense, of course. I definitely know all the words. And let's not forget that this happened on Halloween sophomore year.
(yeah, my camera was bad at dates for awhile until Sarah fixed it)

No comments: