Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weekends are Amazing

Can we please talk about the awesomeness that was my weekend for a minute?

Friday -

1. Met Jonathan Tavernari's fiancee during a group meeting

2. Got a Jamba juice from Sarah (and planned a girl/movie night)

3. Picked Sarah up, bought snacks, watched the Mormon version of Pride and Prejudice

4. Played Pirates of the Caribbean Life with Marci and Paul Shade

5. Did homework

6. Went to bed.

I know it doesn't sound that fun, but I really enjoyed it. I found it relaxing and productive.


Saturday -

1. Slept in until I was done sleeping.

2. Took my time getting ready and experimented with my hair

3. Made a lunch like 4-year-olds have for Jaimie, Sarah, and me (grilled cheese, applesauce, cookies, and we drank out of small cups).

4. Did a group project with the two of them and did our grammar midterm

5. Went to Wal-Mart (bought new razor blades [hooray] and fourteen pounds of chocolate pudding)

6. Went to the basketball game super early and played War with Sarah (and Sarah played gameboy for a little)

7. Watched the Cougars beat Airforce and clinch the [tied] number one spot in the MWC

8. Stayed for the presentation at the end with the confetti in the air and the cutting of the net

9. Went to the ringing of the victory bell.

10. As the players went back inside I touched all of the following (I am extremely starstruck at this point): Gavin McGregor, Jimmer Fredette, Chris Miles, Jonathan Tavernari, Jackson Emery, and James Anderson (I hope I didn't forget anyone). This was probably the highlight of my week.

11. Went to Spoon Me with Sean, Jaimie, and Sarah. Paid too much for a mediocre dessert. I was informed that the spoons were biodegradable and edible so I ate one. Video will appear on facebook.

12. Ate chicken barbecue at my house with Sean, Jaimie, and Sarah.

13. Played games (first with Sean and Jaimie, then with Ben and McKenzie).

14. Had roommate bonding with Meghan and McKenzie.

I don't think I can express how excited I was to have touched those players, just to have been so close to them. It was amazing. Those guys are awesome and just...ah. It's amazing.

That's Lee Cummard. Number 30 who played his final game (he's a senior) in the Marriot Center tonight. He was amazing and BYU will miss him. Plus, how awesome is this picture?

2 comments:

sarah joelle said...

that picture makes me drool. which is sinful because he is a married man. YOU ARE MAKING ME A SINNER.

is there one of jackson emery like that? i would wallpaper my room in that.

ginger said...

i know. isn't that the best picture ever!? I'll see if i can find one of jackson.