Saturday, February 12, 2011

So Far This Weekend

Welcome to the weekend. I'm beginning to think teachers look forward to the weekends more than the students. Since I'm a student teacher I look forward to the weekend about double the amount anyone else does. That being said, the weekend isn't the same as it used to be. I would love to have time to spend Friday night doing absolutely nothing and then finish all of my homework on Sunday. It's completely impossible when I'm trying to plan lessons for a whole week at a time and make sure I don't need to go buy anything to make my lesson possible.

Since I'm this busy I got to work not long after I got home yesterday (well, first I went and signed a contract for somewhere to live next fall). I spent a few solid hours planning lessons with some TV playing in the background (don't judge, it often helps keep me focused because I'm not bored). I watched a documentary called Jesus Camp which was super weird and freaked me out with all the little children speaking in tongues and that sort of stuff and also watched A Little Princess. It'd been so many years since the last time I saw that movie. I was transported back to my grandmother's (Mammaw's) basement during "rest hour" as a kid. I miss the simpleness of those times.

No matter how busy you are you can't spend all of Friday night at home alone (at least not on a regular basis) so I went over to Sarah's parking garage for a dance party. There weren't many people, but there was fantastic music and I was able to let go for the most part. It was a blast for about an hour (probably less) until about eight police officers showed up to shut us down. Disappointing. We tried a Glennwood party that turned out lame before just heading home for the night.

I spent until 2am baking for fun and listening to podcasts, but I'm planning on writing another post soon about what I've been baking lately. That post may or may not get written, but it probably will and will hopefully include some pictures.

That is all. Please forgive the boringness and general update-like tone to this post.

No comments: