Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Student Work

Today I was finishing a lesson on word choice and making sure to include sensory details in writing. I had the students pick an event or place and then fill out a chart of what they could see, hear, smell, and feel. Finally they had to use the details to write a paragraph. Here are two of my favorites from a pair of my boys. I have corrected spelling, but not grammar.
The Mall
It was late Friday night and I just arrived at the mall to see a scary movie. In the mall there was two girls next to me and my brother. They were hot and pretty. The girls screamed.
As you can probably tell I stopped them after a time limit so some didn't quite finish and that particular student is one of my low-level students anyway.
BYU Basketball Game
When I went to the BYU basketball game I was excited. I could see the players but before they started they sung the national anthem. I heard everyone singing along and then they brought down the big white sheet and then they showed a video on the sheet of people playing basketball and turned off the light. Then dropped the sheet and started the game. It was crazy everybody yelling in my ear and I hear the ball bouncing on the court. I also see the players running toward the ball and make it into the hoop. Everybody started screaming yelling and I could see people spilling their drinks because they were cheering on BYU. I felt lots of excitement and happy that BYU was winning then they finally won.




No comments: